Last updated: January 1, 2023
We're all about keeping your personal info and credit card info safe!
To keep your data safe, we use a variety of methods, including passwords, encryption technology and secured networks.
- Passwords: We ask you to come up with a password when you create an account with smilemakers.com. It's another password, but it will help keep your data safe. Keep your password confidential and make it something that would be difficult for others to guess.
- Encryption: We also keep your data safe using encryption technology called Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software. This helps protect your information (name, address, credit card info, etc.) when you enter it on smilemakers.com and during its transmission across the Internet.
- Security Standards: Keeping your credit card info and other payment methods secure is especially important to us. That's why we meet or exceed all applicable requirements of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), which is a set of security standards created by the credit card industry designed to keep cardholder info safe and secure. Our PCI DSS compliance is validated by independent third-party assessment. We also use other methods, including firewalls, to keep your information as secure as possible.
We collect the info you give us, and we use it to help you.
You know that we collect and maintain some of your information. For example, you provide your practice or business name, your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information and other data when you place an order, enter a contest or giveaway, request a catalog or make use of other aspects of our website. So what do we do with it? Among other things, we use that info to communicate with you, collect payment for products you purchase, respond to your questions, send information, promotions and catalogs to you, and to customize your shopping experience. We also may receive and use data about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For example, we might get an updated delivery address from one of our shippers.
You gave us your email address. Now what?
We may use your email address to communicate with you and for our promotional email marketing. You should notice amazing deals and promotions in your in-box! But if your emails are getting too cluttered and you'd like to unsubscribe from receiving those promotional emails, then you can find out how to unsubscribe by clicking here. Instructions on unsubscribing are also included in every email.
You also gave us your mailing address. What do we do with that?
We may send you catalogs packed full of products designed to make your patients (and you) smile. Just an FYI, you might receive SmileMakers catalogs and other catalog titles from us or our affiliates. From time to time, our catalog mailing list may be shared, rented or exchanged with other responsible businesses, vendors and service providers. If you do not want your name shared with businesses unaffiliated with SmileMakers, or if you do not want to receive our catalogs, please call 1-888-800-SMILE (7645) or fax us at 1-877-567-7645. Just know that it may take us two to four weeks to remove your name from our list. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 2543 Spartanburg, SC 29304.
Navigation and IP Addresses.
When you visit our website we also collect, store and use information about your utilization and navigation of our website, including browsing history, and you consent to our collection, storing and use of such information. This information helps us to design the website to better suit our customers’ needs, draw inferences about our customers’ interests and provide targeted advertising by us or third parties. We may use your IP address and share it with service providers or other third parties to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the website, analyze trends, track visitor movements, and gather broad demographic information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
We have rules and limits about sharing your personal information.
- We do not rent or sell your email address, but we may use it as described in this policy and share it with our affiliated businesses, vendors and service providers, and with merchants whose websites link with ours.
- We may share, sell, transfer or assign customer information in connection with a merger, consolidation, sale of assets, joint venture, partnership, consulting engagement, service provider, or other business transaction or contract.
Third-party businesses may also use or have access to your information when we engage them to send mail and email, analyze data and customer lists, conduct marketing, process accounts receivable, and other functions. That information may include details about your purchases, IP address, navigation, and browsing history, and it may be used to target advertising on other sites or applications. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements by visiting one of the following websites:
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI): networkadvertising.org/choices/
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): aboutads.info/
- Some internet browsers have a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We currently are not able to interpret or respond to DNT signals, but we do provide you the option to opt out of interest-based advertising outlined in the paragraph above.
Your office has moved or your email account has changed. Now what?
With the most up-to-date information, we can make sure we're delivering your SmileMakers orders to the right location! You can update your shipping information by accessing your account in the My Account section at SmileMakers.com. To update your billing information, please call us at 1-888-800-SMILE (7645).
Connect with us on social media
- Social media widgets: SmileMakers uses social media features including the Facebook Share button, and Pinterest and Twitter widgets. First off, what’s a widget? Well, it’s basically a doorway to an app on your device. You can peek inside (look at information) or walk through (open and use the app). These features and widgets may collect information such as your IP address and which specific page you’re visiting on our website through cookies or tracking technologies. A third party might host these features, and interactions with them fall under the third party’s privacy policies.
- Social media ads: We’re all used to seeing targeted ads on our social media feeds. SmileMakers uses them, too. These targeted ads follow the policies of the social media platform that they’re on.
Our giveaways are meant for kids, but adults do the buying!
Our website does not sell products for purchase by children. Many of our products are designed for kids, but those products are intended for purchase only by adults. So if you're under the age of 16, you should ask your parent or guardian to navigate the site for you.
We operate in the United States and Canada.
This website conducts business in the United States and internationally. Canadian residents, please visit smilemakerscanada.com. Note: our website does not offer goods or service to subjects of the European Union, does not accept orders from subjects in the European Union, and does not monitor behavior of subjects in the European Union for subsequent data processing, profiling or predicting personal preference, behaviors or attitudes.
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to a number of exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to a person for the person to license or sell the information to additional persons. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt-out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. Opt-out requests may be sent to email@example.com
What happens if this policy changes?
Last update: 1-1-2023