Event Marketing 101
A strategic marketing plan for your dental practice requires a variety of tactics. With comprehensive practice marketing, you can reach out to current patients as well as prospective patients through traditional advertising like radio ads plus more direct, personal approaches such as appearance at special events.
Importance of Event Marketing
Event marketing allows your dental office to interact directly with prospective patients and enjoy a personal meet-up with current patients in a non-office setting. Patients (and people in general) don't want to feel like just another number. The average consumer (and patients are consumers) enjoys a more personal experience when considering which dental office is a good fit. Event marketing allows you to get out there, meet your prospective patients, and make a positive impression.
Types of Events to Consider Attending
Your community is teeming with potential events that offer the ideal venue for reaching prospective patients. Consider the following for your event marketing plan:
- Community health fairs
- School events: health fairs, PTA events, and classroom visits
- Local library events: work with the children's librarian to promote Dental Health Week to the kids and their families
- Job fairs: promote your industry and connect with prospective patients
- Seasonal community events: sponsor a float in the holiday parade or have a table/booth during the Harvest Festival
How to Use Custom Products for Event Marketing
You can't show up to an event empty-handed. To maximize your event marketing experience, it's essential to have the right products to share as you meet and greet potential patients and connect with current patients.
- Table décor. Make your table stand out with custom décor: balloons, colorful banners, and table covers that feature your practice's name.
- Goodie bags. Customize your goodie bags for each event. For kids, be sure to include fun items like kid-friendly flossers and colorful toothbrushes as well as fun, small toy.
- Post cards. Have plenty of postcards to pass out or add to the goodie bags. These should include your practice name, address, phone number, website link, and a short but catchy welcome message.
- Give-away items. Beyond the goodie bag, water bottles with custom labels are ideal for event marketing items (everyone gets thirsty walking around a Health Fair.) Consider a raffle for a custom mug filled with items like a toothbrush, pen, and even lip balm.
SmileMakers makes it easy to have custom practice products for any type of event. Let us help you with all of your marketing and practice needs.